Manned guarding activity includes any of the following:
- guarding premises against unauthorised access or occupation, against outbreaks of disorder or against damage;
- guarding property against destruction or damage, against being stolen or against being otherwise dishonestly taken or obtained;
- guarding one or more individuals against assault or against injuries that might be suffered in consequence of the unlawful conduct of others.
All of the below points include providing a physical presence, or carrying out any form of patrol or surveillance, as to deter or otherwise discourage it from happening or to provide information, if it happens, about what has happened.
References to guarding premises against unauthorised access include being wholly or partly responsible for determining the suitability for admission to the premises of persons applying for admission. However, this does not include the activities of a person who exercises control over the persons allowed access to any premises to the extent only of securing, or checking, that persons allowed access have paid for admission or have invitations or passes allowing admission.
- Car Park Management Guards
- CCTV Operators
- Event Guards
- Gatehouse Guards
- Patrol Guards
- Retail & Profit Protection Guards
- Security Receptionists / Help Desk Guards
- Stop and Search Guards
- Store Detectives